Tuesday 6 September 2011

What I’ve been up to

I haven’t been able to write a great deal lately as the lovely Babe Ruth managed to find me some temp work for a couple of weeks, thanks Baaaaabe! I’ve still been cooking and baking (contrary to popular belief, a girls GOT to eat) I just haven’t had the time to write it all down. So here’s a brief summary... (Please excuse all the phone pictures)

I made some coconut ice cream with mango sauce 




The delightful Carys went and had a birthday so a big ol’ meal was cooked in her honour


A salted caramel chocolate tart in place of a birthday cake? But of course! Did I eat more of this tart than is entirely necessary? No.... By no I mean yes. Yes in a big way. 



I made home-made crumpets.  If you’re anything like me (or Vicki for that matter) you’ll be thinking ‘home-made crumpets? You can’t make crumpets, you buy crumpets. Fool!’ I’ll be honest they were fairly stressful but that was more me being impatient and trying to flip them too early than the crumpets themselves. Not the food, never blame the food. 



I made some French toast with bacon, syrup and berries



And mushroom burgers. She may not be pretty but phwoar...


I’ve also eaten near to my body weight in grilled sweet corn


I even found a place where you can buy prawns by the shovelful??!!



I’ve also been clearing out and decorating my room which has lead to some fairly amusing finds...
Apparently the Brownies didn’t really rate my cooking



I appear to have shown an early *ahem* artistic streak



Oh and this happened. Getting locked in a bathroom is never particularly fun for a claustrophobic.

So that's pretty much what I've been up to lately. I have plenty of free time on my hands again now so recipes will start reappearing shortly!


2 comments:

  1. Belly pork looks absolutely delicious, maybe we should make it on the Friday of Thanks giving weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh thank you Dine, yes we could definitely make it then. I've heard you're making pumpkin pie? I am very excited for this! x

    ReplyDelete